Tuesday 25 May 2010

To Antalya

At 5.30am Emine wakes me and we all share cheese,eggs, olives, jam, bread and tea together. Then Murat and his brother take us to the airport. Their care and concern for us is overwhelming. 'But you would look after us if we came to UK?' - I would hope I could get anywhere close to this hospitality.

We have a painless flight - apart from Mustafa is certainly sick and has stomach cramps now as well. I sleep in the seat for the hour. Landing in Antalya we go to the airport health centre to try to get some advice - the doctor there wants Mustafa to get some sleep - he then also wants to speaj with Mustafa about Middle East politics - hmmm very healing.

We get out of there and taxi to places to stay. Being a lady I have a separate hotel and the men have a sports hall - I fear Mustafa won't get much rest there. I bid farewell and get orientated. First thing to replace the phone I left in Biren's cab - I get a second hand Nokia, another sim and credit sorted for about £40. Then I get back to the hotel and have a rest - this turns into 3 hours sleep.

Up at 6pm and I make my way to the sports hall where the main group are. On the steps its great to see Kevin, Nicci and Zaher. Sadly Adnan from our group has to go back to UK and is on his way home. Inside the hall there's lots of activity - interviews with media, people on laptops, tea being handed round. Arrangements being made. I find Mustafa and he is still not well. Luckily Arief - Indonesian doctor has found him and is monitoring him. He advises get to a quiet place to rest. We all get a lift to a hotel near the ladies place and its a good clean ensuite for £20 - perfect. Hopefully by tomorrow with a good few hours sleep he will have a chance to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment