Wednesday 26 May 2010

Special mention

One person who has been a major part of the UK group's contribution to this trip has not been mentioned yet so I wanted to make sure she is. Rummanah is Imran's daughter, she is 13 years old and I met her when I went to Bolton to pick up the lorry 10 days ago. Imran and Babu work together on organising for the fundraising and aid in Bolton. While I was picking up the lorry she was making copies of the paperwork, typing up the manifest details and she made sure we had a Palestine flag with love for Palestine written on it to decorate the cab.

Imran tells me Rummanah was constantly asking him what she could do as she wanted to take part so much in work to support Gaza. Her dad was on the first land convoy with Viva Palestina and when he returned she baked him a cake in Palestinian flag colours. This time she has surpassed herself. Rummanah organised a dinner in Bolton the tickets for which sold out - the event itself ended up raising £5,500. The money has been used to buy the aid and support the journey.

Without you Rummanah we wouldn't be here! Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi it's Rummanah. Thank you for mentioning me in your blog, I think it’s really nice of you to do so. I hope your journey goes well. Take load’s of pictures as I would love to have a look at them when your back. Hope to speak soon x

    ReplyDelete