Saturday 28 November 2009

Plenty of developments

This week I went to St Johns church Bethnal Green where Riaz runs his office from the crypt. He helped me to do printing and photocopying and lent me a laptop for chasing things up for VP convoy online. The Crypt at St Johns is pretty interesting - there are several organisations running from there including a chinese herbalist, ESOL and a second hand book dealer. Riaz introduced me to another person there called Sebastian who is involved with the building and church. I asked him if the VP group could congregate at the church on 5th December and he said that should be fine - it would be amazing if the convoy does leave from Victoria Park as it is very near and handy for the tube and high st. He said the church congregation would be very interested in the convoy and would want to support and contribute. Brilliant!

On Friday evening I was invited down to Resonance FM for Mining for Gold (thanks Johny Brown, www.bandofholyjoy.co.uk, www.resonancefm.com. I spoke a little bit about the convoy and a poet was there Nina Zivancevic and she spoke about a theatre company who had performed their play with Palestinian actors in Israel and Israeli actors in Palestine - I need to check who this was. She recommended mention of Edward Said's book Orientalism - he was a Palestinian rights advocate, writer and philosopher, see link about him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Said. And then we all read her poems and played mashups of banging hardcore techno with Turkish folk, 80's pop, reggae and disco at the same time. Gold was mined.

Did I forget to mention I have the vehicle now? Yeay! Now to fill it up. I have picked up some educational books already from a teacher called Suzi. Need to get CB radio installed, a cab heater is required too as mine's not working too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment