Monday 9 November 2009

Fundraising Fandango!

Hello! Well this is educational for me, setting up a Nochex account, starting a blog, trying to text 150 people (I'm going to need thumb surgery) I feel technical.

I can even copy this link in html into my page which enables people to pay money to me... oh no they can't my account was closed down in mysterious circumstances

But I am still collecting so please email me projectresearcher@gmail.com

So maybe you want to know a bit more about what the money is for. I'm raising cash to buy a vehicle and drive it to Gaza over land during December with a convoy of vehicles all taking aid and making some noise to the Gaza Strip. In December 08 - January 09 lots of people, more than 1400, were killed, loads more injured in Gaza, as well as some Israeli civilians. For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_war

There have been crimes committed on both sides of the conflict. However the civilian Gaza population is under severe pressure due to the fact it is blockaded by land air and sea borders which are controlled by Israel. Gaza’s population of 1.5 million is currently facing hardships due to the Israeli blockade on Gaza’s few crossing points, destruction of Gaza’s only electric plant and Israel’s withholding of Palestinian tax revenues, coupled with international donor aid cuts after the swearing-in of the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority in March 2006.

All this was before the conflict last year! See:
http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2006/07/05/human-rights-council-special-session-occupied-palestinian-territories-july-6-2006

Also of interest is recent report by Amnesty International about the water supplies in Gaza: http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/report/israel-rations-palestinians-trickle-water-20091027

In Gaza there is a need for medical humanitarian aid such as medical equipment, maternity and post natal supplies, school and educational stationary - crayons, paper, exercise books. I'm trying to collect any of this stuff so if you know anyone who could donate please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment