Thursday 3 June 2010

Thankful to be back in Turkey with these wonderful people who I trust so much

We landed in Istanbul this morning and went straight to a press conference and health check. We then searched for baggage amongst scattered belongings 'returned' by Israel minus all laptops technology hardware and memory cards that could have contained any evidence of them. I was keeping a diary so I'll put it up here but for now just don't have it in my possession. So the next posts will go back in time a bit. We all attended an awesome funeral for one of the murdered passengers today outside the historıc Fatih Mosque. We walked from the mosque area to the cemetery in a crowd of thousands it was stunning and emotional - I found the lovely Ouassima in the crowd and we stayed together and ate afterwards. People here are amazing - when they find out we were on Mavi Marmara they hug and kiss us and take pictures. Insist on buying water and food for us and getting pictures together. I haven't had any sleep so I'm goıng to lie down now and resume when I can.

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I am so happy that you came back safely. They took all your hardwares !?? How dare they?
    I really hope you would tell us your version of events. I followed the news of the aid flotilla from the beginning, I literally stayed glued to the TV and internet for days. But let me say that many of the American news channel are biased, CNN in particular. Many of them just show a video of injured Israeli soldiers and keep saying that the boat was suspected to have Al-Qaida members on board. This could be no further from the Truth!!!! No mention that the flotilla was in international water or that the people in the boat are from many different nationalities!
    If I didn't know better I would've believed whatever the israeli official feed me.
    If only people are aware of what Israel really is!
    Well thanks for you and all the members, you really showed that there is still good in this world.
    If you don't mind me asking you, what nationality are you from? I am from Mauritania and my father's best friend was in the flotilla and he got injured but he is fine now. Going back home thank god.


    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there..

    I was so excited that you posted a new entry =)
    I'm really happy your back and safe. You have done an extraordinary job. I really wish I was on board with you.

    Thank you so much for keeping us updated on everything. I can't wait to read your up coming posts.

    P.S. I made this one of my home pages.
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please update sooooooooooooooon!!

    ReplyDelete